Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bahamas trip provides time for fun away during the day and opportunity to improve on the court at night



By Khaliq Spicer

Sophomore, Forward


I’ve really enjoyed these first couple of days in the Bahamas. The weather has been really nice and it’s good to get away and travel somewhere different.

This is my first time down here and it’s cool to be making the trip with my teammates. I’ve spent the past few days down by the pools, going downtown, and just having fun with the team. I feel that we are a really close group and spending time with each other down here has made us even closer.

Coach Senderoff has given us a lot of freedom and wants us to have fun. He does a good job of making sure we know when to have a good time and when to get down to business.

Last night, we played our first since arriving on Sunday. I wasn’t really sure what to expect since it was my first time playing against a team from outside the United States. The game went well, but could have been better. We played a team that forced us to play fast and feel that our defense could have been better. I think that we need to do a better job of communicating on the court and play better team defense.

It was good to get out on the court against another team. I feel that I’ve worked hard to improve my game since the end of the season. I am a lot stronger now than I was last season and could tell the difference going against their post players. An area that I am looking to improve on this week is to stop thinking so much when I’m on the floor and just play.  

We have another game tonight, and I believe that we will be better this time out. Then tomorrow is our off day, so hopefully we get another win.



No comments:

Post a Comment