Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Temple wins gives early boost in confidence

By Kris Brewer
Junior, Point Guard


We beat Temple Monday night, which was a really good win for us. It was the first road game of the year and the game was on ESPNU, so it’s always extra special to be able to win on national TV.

Temple is a really good team and doesn’t lose much at home. We were down most of the game, but we knew we could get the victory if we kept playing hard. In the timeout huddles, I kept telling my teammates to keep playing with confidence.

I wasn’t clicking on offense, but my teammates believed in me and told me to shoot with confidence. That’s what I did at the end. On the play scored, we ran a ballscreen for me with D-Good at the top of the key. I just dragged the screen out and saw the lane open, so I just took it with confidence and made the shot.

Then we got a stop on D and they fouled me. We huddled up before the free throws and everybody was just telling me to be a pro and make the free throws. So I just had to make them for my teammates.

On the big charge, I knew he was going to come into me, so I just did what I had to do for the team and we came out victorious. The coaches expect me to make big plays, so I just had to do it for my coaches and teammates.

The win as very big for us and gives us a lot of confidence going into the game tonight. It’s going to be a great game. I think we can really beat Seton Hall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment