Saturday, October 26, 2013

Previewing Hoops 'n' Halloween

By Devareaux Manley
Junior, Guard


Tonight is our Hoops ‘n’ Halloween event for the fans to kickoff the year for us and the women’s team. Fans can expect to come out and have a good time with us and have the chance to see us doing something than just running up and down the court. I’m excited to interact with the fans, give them a little show and let them know who we are personally outside of basketball.

We have a surprise planned that I can’t really discuss too much, but it’s something that we’re going to have fun with and I think our fans will really enjoy.

One of the highlights of the night will be a slam dunk contest with a few guys on our team. If I had to pick who is going to win, I would definitely go with Derek Jackson. He’s only about 6-1 and you don’t expect him to have the amount of hops that he has from looking at him. He will surprise you with the way he jumps. I’m just amazed every time that I see him dunk the ball.

Hopefully all of the fans who go to the football game over at Dix Stadium will make their way over to the M.A.C. after watching them beat Buffalo. 


Kellon Thomas' 360 dunk at last year's MACC Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment